The Community Development Advisory Committee shall be a permanent town committee to provide research, evaluation and assessment expertise in an advisory capacity to the Board of Selectmen, and to other committees and departments as needed, regarding town wide public and private initiatives that contain potential long range planning implications. CDAC shall work collaboratively with all involved parties to ensure that consensus values and goals applicable to the Town's future well-being guide decision making. Values shall reflect an emphasis on promoting effective town government, wise investments, a sense of place, community building and thoughtful design.
In fulfilling its charge the committee shall:
- Be responsible for keeping track of past and future planning reports and recommendations
- Report quarterly to the Board of Selectmen with an update of the current projects, issues and recommendations for the town.
- Be comprised of 5 members appointed by the Board of Selectmen for three year terms on a staggered basis.
- Members shall represent as wide and as diverse a population of the town as is practical.
- Elect its Chair on an annual basis.
- Work with professional planners as needed from time to time as grants and available monies allow to further the committee’s mission.