The Town Clerk keeps official records of the town, back to the earliest period. Records of births, deaths and marriages are an important archive for family history. The Town Clerk registers all vital events occurring in the Town of Williamsburg and those events occurring elsewhere to local residents. The Town Clerk records and preserves birth, marriage and death records providing the basis for the Commonwealth's central vital registration system.
Vital Records and Statistics
Department of Public Health
150 Mt. Vernon Street; 1st Floor
Dorchester, MA 02125-3105
Phone: (617) 740-2600
- Birth Certificates - To request a certified copy of a birth certificate of persons whose parents lived in Williamsburg at the time of their birth or who were born in Williamsburg or Haydenville, contact the Town Clerk's office. Each certified copy costs $5.00.
- Death Certificates - To request a certified copy of a death certificate please contact the Town Clerk's office. Each certified copy costs $5.00.
- Marriage Licenses - Persons wishing to obtain a marriage license must file their intentions with the Town Clerk in person at least 3 days before the wedding ceremony. The cost of the marriage license is $25.00. No blood test is necessary but a form of identification is required for both parties. Both parties must apply at the same time to obtain a marriage license. The license is valid for 60 days. Each certified copy is $5.00.
- Registry of Vital Records & Statistics
- Massachusetts Archives
- Family Search
- Ellis Island Records
- Roots Web
- Cyndi's List - List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
- Vital Records Request Form