Important Programs Managed by the Hilltown
Resource Management Cooperative for the Town of Williamsburg
1. Household Recycling (No charge) – There is no charge for the recycling of common household/kitchen items such as bottles, cans, plastic containers, milk cartons, paper and cardboard (See list on the Board of Health portion of Town website). You must have a valid Town permit to use recycling services!
2. Electronics Recycling (computers and televisions) – Under this program operated by the HRMC we are trying to keep lead and mercury out of our waste stream by recycling televisions, computer monitors, all computer parts, VCR’s, DVD players, and stereos.
3. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) – To help keep toxics out of the waste stream the HRMC runs a regional Household Hazardous Waste collection on or about November 1st every year. Residents are allowed to drop off one box of HHW products (oven cleaners, drain cleaners, pesticides, herbicides, photo chemicals, automotive products, etc.) at a central site on the advertised collection day. For further information please contact the HRMC at
4. Paint Recycling (No charge) – The Town of Williamsburg through the HRMC has paint recycling available to residents between May 1st and October 1st. Please bring (1/2 full or better) cans of latex paint, stain, and oil based paint only!
5. Compost Bins ($25.00) – The Town of Williamsburg has backyard compost bins for sale through the HRMC at the transfer station. The bins are made from 50% recycled plastic and cost $25.00 (checks are made payable to the HRMC).
Salvation Army (Free) – Available at site for old clothes, etc
Questions about trash or recycling ?? If you any questions please contact the HRMC at (413) 268 -3845 or email us email@example.com !
Always check with attendant before leaving anything at the transfer station!!
Feel free to contact by phone or email anytime!!!